750g salad potatoes
½ bunch chives
4 veal escalopes
4-5 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
150ml chicken stock
Salt and pepper
1. Wash the potatoes and cook in salted water for approx. 25 minutes. Drain the potatoes and leave to cool, then peel and cut into slices.
2. Peel and chop the onion. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onion for about 1 minute. Add the vinegar and broth and let it boil down over a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
3. Mix the hot marinate with the remaining oil and add the potato slices. Mix the potato slices well with the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Leave the potato salad to marinade for approx. 30 minutes.
4. In the meantime, brush two sheets of cling film with some oil. Place the escalopes on one sheet, place the second sheet on top and pound to tenderise.
5. Rinse the chives, shake dry and cut finely. Wash the lemons in hot water, dry, and cut into slices.
6. Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Place the flour and breadcrumbs on a flat plate. Season the veal escalopes with salt and pepper, first coat in flour, then dunk them in the eggs, then coat in breadcrumbs.
7. Heat the butter in a pan and fry the escalopes on each side over a low heat for about 4 minutes until golden brown. Shake the pan back and forth while cooking so that the schnitzels remain in motion.
8. Remove the escalopes from the pan and put them on kitchen paper to dry. Arrange the plates with lemon slices, sprinkle the potato salad with chives and serve.